With the completion of the 2014 International LiDAR Mapping Forum last week in Denver, Colorado, Directions Magazine's editors offer this recap of recent articles and company announcements for our readers to catch up on the latest news.
TECHNOLOGY AND APPLICATION ARTICLES
- Why LiDAR Has Become the “Go To” Technology for Utility Corridor Mapping
- What Do You See in the (Lidar Point) Clouds?
- USGS Uses Lidar: 3-D Mapping of Isaac Water Levels
- The Urban Drainage Model: SF DPW uses LiDAR DEM and a Custom Algorithm for Delineating Drainage Catchments and Hydrologic Modeling
- LiDAR Data Quality Standards, Certification Discussed at LiDAR Forum Session
- Beetle Infestation, LiDAR and Falling Trees
- LiDAR Technology - Introduction and Applications
- Specifications and Quality Control for Airborne LiDAR Survey
RECENT COMPANY NEWS
- SPAR Point Group acquires International LiDAR Mapping Forum and European LiDAR Mapping Forum
- Esri Launches its Own Propriety Compressed LiDAR Format: .zlas
- Trimble Launches New Airborne LiDAR Systems
- Euclideon Demonstrates Unlimited Detail: Fast Rendering of LiDAR Point Cloud Data
- LiDAR USA Announces STIM300 Integration
- Bluesky's LiDAR Maps Home of the British Army
- Optech CZMIL HydroFusion Wins 2014 MAPPS Geospatial Award for Technology Innovation
- Global Mapper V15 Released with Extension Interface and Powerful New LiDAR Tools
- Town of Canmore Contracts Advanced Aerial LiDAR Survey to Assess Damage from Southern Alberta Floods
- Warming up for ILMF 2014, rapidlasso puts lean yet plush “LASlayers” on LiDAR
- RIEGL Introduces the World’s First App for LiDAR Data Visualization on the iPad: RiALITY!