Last week I attended Bentley System's "Be Inspired" Awards Conference where the company presents the finalists and award winners for the top engineering and infrastructure projects submitted from around the world. Having adjudicated this competition in past years, I can tell you from personal experiece that the imagination, creativity and hard work that goes into these projects are true examples of human ingenuity.
Last week, at Bentley System's "Be Inspired" Awards Conference in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, the company presented the finalists and award winners for the top engineering and infrastructure projects submitted from around the world. Having adjudicated this competition in past years, I can tell you from personal experiece that the imagination, creativity and hard work that goes into these projects are true examples of human ingenuity. Below, links are provided to finalists' projects in selected geospatial technology categories. In addition. please also see articles that provide review and analysis of Bentley's corporate software strategy below.
- Crossrail Ltd, Crossrail, London, United Kingdom
- City of Copenhagen, Solar Exposure of Copenhagen City, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Napier City Council, GIS and Asset Management, Napier, New Zealand
- Mortenson Construction, Spring Valley Wind Project, Ely, Nevada, United States
- BBKS-Projekt Sp. z o.o., Taxiways at Rzeszów-Jasionka Airport, Rzeszow, Poland
- Tandon Urban Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Green City Project, Bangalore, India
- Creighton Manning Engineering, Fuller Road and Washington Avenue , Albany, New York, United States
- Foth Infrastructure & Environment, LLC, NW 62nd Avenue Improvements, Johnston, Iowa, United States
- Sotepa Ltda., Humberto de Campos Street Extension, Blumenau, Brazil
- Parsons Brinckerhoff and Arup JV, The Airport Link, Northern Busway (Windsor to Kedron) and Airport Roundabout Upgrade, Brisbane, Australia
- Azersu OJSC, GIS-based Infrastructure Asset Management at Azersu, Baku, Azerbaijan
- Gannett Fleming, Inc., Innovative Model Data Integration Processes, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, United States
- NJS Engineers India Pvt. Ltd., JICA-assisted Agra Water Supply Project, Agra, India
Conference Coverage and Analysis from Directions Magazine
- Bentley’s Pivot from a Product to a “Hybrid” Services Company
- Bentley Systems by the Numbers
- Bentley and GIS: From Basic Mapping to Immersive GIS
- Software License Usage, Portfolio Balancing, and Metrics: Bentley Systems Goes by the Numbers for Clients
- Wired Magazine Editor Provides Five Clues for the Mobile Future
Disclosure: Bentley Systems supported travel to the Be Inspired Conference.