Dr. Ignacio Guerrero
Dr. Ignacio Guerrero is presently an executive consultant specializing in CTO consulting services with a focus on geospatial technology. He is the principal and sole member of Andes GeoConsulting LLC.
He served as Chief Geospatial Architect at Rolta India Ltd. from mid 2008 until 2011 (March). He was a member of Rolta’s management team responsible for shaping the company technology architecture and product strategy.
Dr. Guerrero retired from Intergraph Corporation in August 2007. At the time of retirement, was executive vice president of Technology in the Security, Government & Infrastructure Division. In this position, was responsible for technology strategy, architecture and innovation. During an extensive career at Intergraph, he worked as a software engineer, designer, technical manager, and executive on a broad spectrum of Geospatial Products and Solutions.
He represented Intergraph as a member of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Planning Committee (2001-2003 and 2005-2007). He was elected as one of the original members of the OGC Architecture Board (OAB) in 2006. From early 2000 and prior to joining the Planning Committee, he served as a member of the OGC Technical Committee.
Recent Content by Dr. Ignacio Guerrero
- Navigating Through the Nebulous Arena of “The Cloud” (June 25th, 2012)
- Rocket City Geospatial & Alabama GIS Conference Recap (December 1st, 2011)
- Open Source Licensing: Risk and Opportunity - Part Two (August 24th, 2011)
- Open Source Licensing: Risk and Opportunity, Part One (July 21st, 2011)
- Selecting Open Source: a Practical View (May 18th, 2011)
- Searching for the Perfect Search (July 7th, 2005)
- OGC Launches OWS-2 (May 7th, 2004)
- Interoperability - Why it Makes Good Business Sense for Our Industry (February 13th, 2004)