Jim Stone is the principal consultant of Chain Store Advisors, a consulting firm in Reading, MA. Chain Store Advisors works with businesses who operate chain stores including retailers, restaurants, and service businesses. Services include business process design, requirements analysis for analytical tools, real estate planning, and site evaluation. His unique approach of “connecting art and science” is based on 30 years in commercial real estate including the last 17 years as the founder and President of geoVue, a leading provider of real estate planning and site selection software.
Jim is a member of the Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), one of the most respected commercial real estate organizations in the world. He received a business degree from Southern Methodist University and is currently pursuing a MEd in Instructional Design at UMass Boston.
Jim is married and has three daughters. His hobbies include archery, guitar, and tennis.
Recent Content by Jim Stone
- Freedom through Structure: Optimizing Chain Store Real Estate Processes (December 10th, 2012)
- Do We Have Industry Standard Practices in Retail Real Estate? (November 25th, 2012)
- Climbing the “Stairway to Wisdom” In Real Estate Site Selection (November 14th, 2012)
- The Voice Of The Customer: Can You Hear It Through The Screaming? (March 28th, 2012)
- What Women Want (February 20th, 2012)
- Analytics vs. Modeling: How ‘Democratizing’ Decision Support Leads to Better Site Selection (January 5th, 2012)
- Will “Big Data” Lead to “Big Answers” for Chain Store Operators? (December 8th, 2011)
- Location Intelligence: We Need Smarter People, Not Smarter Locations (September 28th, 2011)
- What’s Your Demographic Criteria for Site Selection? Different Problems Mean Different Questions (September 20th, 2011)
- A Vision for Profitable Retail Chain Store Development (August 31st, 2011)
- Real Estate Decision-making: Use Better Tools or Find Better Craftsmen? (August 24th, 2011)
- Geospatial Retail Modeling: Art or Science, Regression or Analog? (August 17th, 2011)
- Take Me Out To the Ballgame - Hitting a “Home Run” on Store Site Selection (August 10th, 2011)
- Beyond Sales Forecasting: Managing Risk in Retail Site Selection (October 5th, 2005)