Axis Geospatial, LLC is seeking a qualified Geospatial/LiDAR Technician for its Easton, MD Headquarters Office. We are looking for bright, energetic people that can function in a fast paced environment, have a commitment to providing quality work and take pride in a job well done.
Responsibilities, Experience and Skills Required:
- LiDAR Production and performing QA/QC of various digital, photogrammetric and GIS data using Vrone, VrLiDAR, TerraScan, Microstation, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, LAStools, QT Modeler, Socet Set and Photoshop software
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with data processing for ABGPS/IMU, LiDAR, and digital imagery, have a basic understanding of geodesy, surveying, and data transformations, LiDAR classification software, and LiDAR flight planning.
- Demonstrate experience with LiDAR editing/classification, experience with breakline and planimetric creation, and with LiDAR project deliverables such as DEMs and Contour generation along with 3D modeling concepts and creation
- Strong commitment to quality
- Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Highly motivated with a desire and aptitude for learning
- Positive attitude with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the GIS industry, displaying increasing responsibilities
- Experience with supervision and/or management duties an asset
AXIS offers growth, flexibility and an extremely competitive salary package and benefits.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
As early as April 2014, NOAA will discontinue printing its lithographic nautical charts in favor of its increasingly popular digital versions. Directions Magazine interviewed Ted Florence, president of Avenza Systems, about the move to digital.