Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. Based in San Francisco, with 20,000 employees, the company delivers some of the nation’s cleanest energy to 15 million people in Northern and Central California.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
The Enterprise Application Architecture team drives enterprise application strategies to improve the capabilities and reliability of applications while continuously improving time to market and total cost of ownership. This role works in partnership with stakeholders such as portfolio managers, business architects, solution architects, and other enterprise architects to establish strategic direction and relevant architectural artifacts. Enterprise Application Architects act as thought leaders and sources of information for their designated domains. The primary objective of the expert IT GIS Enterprise Architect role is to understand the business capabilities required by PG&E and define strategies and architecture artifacts to help achieve business objectives. The role is expected to have solid knowledge of enterprise architecture practices along with deep understanding of GIS systems. The individual is expected to work with portfolio leads, business architects, solution architects and other enterprise architects. The role is expected to be hands-on with a solid expertise of using various tools to build technical architecture artifacts that are consumable by a broad audience of business and technology individuals. The candidate must possess experience in designing and implementing advanced GIS application architectures, with experience integrating enterprise systems in multi-user, multi-platform, multitasking operating systems environments.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent experience
• 7 years of experience in GIS technology and enterprise architecture functions in IT
• Experience in ESRI Product Suite, Telvent/Schneider ArcFM, Coler & Colontonio Intrepid and SAP Geo.e platform integration.
• Advanced knowledge of GIS industry trends, emerging standards and the ability to apply them.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor communication to all levels of the organization.
• Strong interpersonal and consultative skills with the ability to mediate between business and technology domains.
• Ability to present ideas in user and/or developer friendly languages.
• Ability to work with technical teams and drive projects and initiatives by working effectively with others with a demonstrated ability to work cross-departmentally
• Advanced understanding of and competence in supporting architecture, design, development, and deployment related to GIS.
• MA/MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or other Technology Discipline
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, Zachman, DODAF, etc.), Security Certification (CISSP, etc.), IT Delivery Certification (ITILv3, etc.).
• GISP and ESRI Certification
• Experience with both Linear and Non-Linear reference models.
• Ability to translate short and long term strategic business plans for capabilities into architecture strategies and roadmaps.
• Domain knowledge of business processes in one or more business areas like Electric Ops, Gas Ops, Energy Supply, Customer Care, HR, Finance and Supply Chain
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of utility industry trends and technologies.
• Collaborates with multiple Business Technology Leads, Business Architects, Enterprise Architects and Solution Architects to provide technology that supports solutions which supply business capabilities and are consistent with enterprise standards, architectures and strategies.
• Works individually and collectively with other enterprise and solution architects to ensure breadth and granularity of strategies, standards, design patterns and roadmaps are consistent and integrated across a logical grouping of enterprise architecture services.
• Collaborates and provides guidance to various Information Technology (IT) teams within PG&E to ensure they are kept current on technology developments, trends, architectural best practices and new business initiatives for a collection of services.
• Works with the Project Management Organization (PMO) to participate in the IT governance process that help ensure IT initiatives comply with the enterprise architecture standards and strategies and advocate for new alternative concepts and technology applications.
• Facilitates the enablement and advancement of enterprise architecture capabilities and community of practice at PG&E.
• Mentor team members on GIS best practices.
If you or someone you know is interested in this role, please send an email to Christopher Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GIS Enterprise Architect”.
Last week, just as many in the United States were getting used to commercial use of unmanned aerial systems (drones) in spite of a Federal Aviation Administration ban, a judge decided that the FAA does not, in fact, have such laws on the books. For a brief moment, perhaps, the ban was lifted. But it was quickly put back in place when the FAA appealed. What is going on in the Wild West of U.S. UAS use?...