Company to Provide Insights on a Number of Mapping-Related Topics
– Urban Mapping, the official mapping partner of Tableau Software and a sponsor of the 2012 Tableau Customer Conference (TCC), will take part in a number of mapping-related sessions throughout the event, which starts today in San Diego. Details are as follows:
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
3:15-4:15 pm – Community Alley
Speaker:Jake Baillie, Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Tableau’s official mapping partner, will host a discussion on map hacking in Tableau. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of their own mapping work in Tableau or other software programs to share and discuss with others.
Come check out this Meetup if you:
• Use maps frequently
• Deal with shape files
• Have questions about how Tableau deals with spatial data
• Are curious to learn about overlaying geographic and demographic information
Wednesday, November 7, 2012
3:15-4:15 pm – Tableau in Practice
Speaker: Ian White, Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping works jointly with Tableau product management to define the roadmap for mapping capabilities. In this interactive session, you will learn about enhanced geospatial capabilities in Tableau through case studies.
The session will cover:
- Case study with ARC Corp – advanced analysis for air travel
- WMS v TMS – what is the difference and why do I care?
- Deconstructing mapping: what is in a map?
- Data, data data: so many sources, so little time
- Advanced geospatial operations
Urban Mapping Hosted Lunch – Special Topics in Mapping
Thursday, November 8, 2012
12:00-1.30 pm – Invite-Only Lunch
Urban Mapping CEO Ian White will lead an in-depth session with invited conference attendees on recent trends in the mapping/spatial industry. Attendees will also learn more about extending geographic capabilities leveraging Mapfluence, Urban Mapping’s hosted web mapping platform. Parties interested in attending this invite-only session may express interest at www.urbanmapping.com/lunch.
Conference attendees can also view demos and meet Urban Mapping representatives during exhibit hours at the TCC Expo Hall, Booth #14.
About Urban Mapping
Urban Mapping, Inc. (UMI) provides geospatial web and data services to simplify the development and deployment of online mapping and data visualization applications. UMI's Mapfluence service provides embedded geographic technology, offering solid technical infrastructure for mapping, custom cartography and industry's most comprehensive on-demand data catalog. Since 2006, leading interactive publishers like Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft and leading enterprises like CoStar Group, Tableau Software and CoreLogic have utilized Urban Mapping's geospatial data and technology. For more information, please visit www.urbanmapping.com.