I hope you'll be pleased by our efforts.I know that we'll do a better job, and respond quicker to your needs, if we can hear your comments and your suggestions.Please enjoy the magazine and make sure to tell a friend.
It is an exciting day for Directions with the addition of Adena Schutzberg to our staff.No other journalist in our business matches the technical expertise and insight into geographic information systems technology and her editorial leadership will help expand our coverage of geospatial news and events.
As such we are taking this opportunity to radically change our editorial content so that the news is brought to you in concise and readable issues throughout the week:
- Directions on the Workplace on Mondays - Jobs, RFPs, Stock update, career advice, company financial news, and the top five headlines of the previous week.
- Directions on Technology on Wednesday - Adena will kick off this issue with her insights in a column called "Providing Direction." The issue will also include features called:
- "A Little Latitude" where you will be able to trace our blog entries for the week and add your own comments
- "Spatial Extents" where technical articles will be featured
- "Off the Beaten Path" where you will find unusual applications of GIS technology, maps of interest, or other applications of location technology
- Directions on the News on Friday - This edition will feature Adena's commentary on the news of the week in a section called "Directions Unfiltered"; plus other key points of interest, new products and upcoming events.
I hope you enjoy the new format and content.As mentioned above, we are adding blogs to our repertoire of interactivity on our website.We'll find the interesting topic of the day and you'll get a chance to follow our threads and add your commentary throughout the week.It is just one more way we want to keep you informed and allow you to give us your thoughts as well.
Editor-in-Chief & Vice Publisher