This week we couldn't agree on a single topic so we bring you two. First Adena Schutzberg explores ESRI's decision to hire a senior executive who will promote agile product management within the company. Then Joe Francica highlights parallels between what's going on in mergers and acquisitions in the broader IT market and in geospatial. The podcast is 13 minutes long and was recorded on November 30, 2007.
- ESRI's New Director of Product Management to Expand Enterprise GIS Strategies (Press Release)
- Agile Software Development (Wikipedia)
- ESRI is going Agile...What does this mean for the GIS industry? (Chris Spagnuolo's GeoScrum Blog)
- Agile Adoption in Geospatial Industry?(DaveBouwman.net; zen GIS development Blog)
- ESRI Adopting Agile...(DaveBouwman.net; zen GIS development Blog)
- Down To Business: Software Industry M&A: What's Next? (InformationWeek)