This week the European Union extended its investigations into the acquisition of Tele Atlas by TomTom and NAVTEQ by Nokia causing stocks to drop and some to wonder what's ahead. Here in the United States Pitney Bowes CEO talked up his plans for growth for its recently acquired MapInfo, along with a rebranding of the corporate parent. Our editors explore what's ahead on all three fronts.
TomTom/Tele Atlas and Nokia/NAVTEQ Investigations
- EU Extends TomTom/Tele Atlas Review Another 10 Days, Stock Falls (All Points Blog)
- Remedies for Tele Atlas deal under renewed scrutiny UPDATE (CNBC)
- EU Wants More Time Examining Nokia-Navteq Deal (InformationWeek)
- Navteq's sale faces a detour (Chicago Tribune)
- CNN: Wall Street Wary of TA/NAVTEQ Acquisitions (All Points Blog)
- Nokia offers no remedies for Navteq deal: EU (Reuters)