The winners of the first annual Geographic Travels Geo-Literacy Outreach Awards Winners are:
First Place - the Alexander Von Humboldt Prize : Geo-literacy Project on Meghalaya, India
Second Place - the Isiah Bowman Prize: Geo-Literacy Teacher Training Plan
There are two levels of competition:Grades 4-6 (English & French)Grades 7-10 (English & French)Challenge registration fees:Level 1 - $25.00Level 2 - $35.00Level 1 & 2 - $45.00
- The chance to win scholarships and prizes valued at more than $6,000
- Printable certificates to reward each student’s achievement
- certificates and prizes for student winners at the school, provincial/territorial and national final
- The opportunity to compete in the Provincial/Territorial Championships, and qualify for the National Finals
- Complete, ready-to-play kit, including over 100 intriguing questions and answers
Most deadlines seem to be Feb 28 2013.
- Geography Challenge via @gletham
University of North Texas art students are involved in a contest for two $1000 scholarships provided by Track What Matters, a local fleet management frim. Huh?
These students created two drawings. The inspired category is the result of the students taking their raw GPS drawings and incorporating their own interpretation of space, our homes, and how the world affect us.
One scholarship will be given based on popular vote, the other by expert decision.