Last week Google announced it would use only Tele Atlas data for its mapping applications, effectively dropping NAVTEQ, now owned by Nokia. Is there a data war? Or perhaps a browser war? Also: Microsoft reveals its vision for a tagged real world even as a Japanese company shows off its implementation of that vision. Is it time for real world geotagging? Our editors tackle these questions in this week's discussion.
- Google Maps and API Now on Same Data: Tele Atlas (All Points Blog)
- T-Mobile G1 (Google Android Phone) Review (PC Magazine)
- The Microsoft Vision for Tagging Reality (All Points Blog)
- TC50: Sekai Camera for Social Tagging on the iPhone (TechCrunch)
- Tonchidot (company behind Sekai)
- Five Questions for Mike Liebhold (pdf) (EOM)