The announcement of a geolocation add-on for Mozilla's Firefox last week prompted lots of discussion around its role in the browser, its support of standards, and its use of Skyhook's wi-fi solution for location determination. Our editors peel back the layers to take on these and other issues including, does such a broker belong in the browser?
- Introducing Geode (Mozilla Labs Blog)
- HitsLink Browser Marketshare Data
- W3C Geolacation Spec - Editor's Draft
- W3C Geolocation Working Group
- Mozilla Adapts Skyhook's Loki Location-Finding System for Firefox (Xconomy)
- Google's Gears Not Just for Offline Accessibility (TechCrunch)
- Two New Ways to Location Enable Your Web Apps (Google Code Updates Blog)