Now in its 4th edition, the API Mashup Contest is the place where you can submit your API Mashup and win prizes along with mentorship to take your application to the next level. The last edition of the API Mashup contest saw more than 150+ applications submitted by participants from 35 countries. The last date for submission of entries is November 30, 2012. Check out our coverage of the winners of the 3rd edition.
Prizes include Kindle Fire and $5k of services for the developer.
The Verizon Innovative App Challenge provides the opportunity for middle school and high school students, working with a faculty advisor, to use their STEM knowledge, their ingenuity, and their creativity to come up with an original mobile app concept that incorporates STEM and addresses a need or problem in their school or community.
Prizes include $10K for the school and Galaxy Tabs for each team member.
- Verizon Innovative App Challenge via @josephkerski
Esri Ireland announced the winners of its Maps Make Sense contest (APB coverage) for maps made with ArcGIS Online.
- Winner - Justin Gleeson - Feeling the Pinch
- Equal Second - Garda Speed Zone Map – Gavin McArdle, NCG Maynooth
- Equal Second - Whitehead Map – Simon Wheeler, Planning Service NI
- Fourth - Wicklow Planning Applications – Paddy O’Flaherty
- Fifth - Fish Abundance – Rachel Scott, Loughs Agency
The winning entries are online
but you must have an Esri account to see them (boo!).