The San Francisco 49ers square off this weekend versus the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Division playoffs. The winner heads to the Super Bowl.
In actuality, it pits Microsoft vs. Google; Amazon vs. Apple; Trulia vs. Zillow; LizardTech vs. deCarta ... to name just a few and some that are part of the location tech sector headquarted in both regions.
But really, let's look at a map! Where are these tech companies ... spatially?
I've found several useful resources that have mapped technology companies, both established and start-ups, as well as investments firms serving these regions. Here's a look at each:
- San Francisco Technology Companies in SoMa (South of Market) - Google Maps-based
- Map of San Francisco Startups and investment companies - INNOVATESF - Interactive map based on Leaflet and and OSM (see example above)
- Why San Francisco May Be the New Silicon Valley - The Atlantic - Static maps of Zip Codes receiving investment dollars
- Geekwire's map of downtown Seattle tech firms - static map
- OpenData by Socrata - a dot map of company location; Google Maps-based
- Map of Seattle Startups - Google Maps-based
- Seattle's South Lake Union area - static PDF map