Today, TomTom announced a new Map Toolkit API. Here's a list of what TomTom is offering to app developers (source: TomTom):
- Map display web service, which delivers WMS-style raster maps based on TomTom’s flagship MultiNet map database. Tiles are pre-rendered at 18 zoom levels, ranging from a single global tile to 305x305 meter detailed map images.
- Geocoding web service, enabling both free text forward geocoding (find a location by entering an unstructured address, place or POI) and reverse geocoding (identify a location from a pair of latitude and longitude coordinates).
- Routing web service, which provides highly accurate point to point routing and route re-calculation using TomTom’s best-in-class algorithms.
- Traffic web service, using TomTom’s HD Traffic to deliver real-time traffic incident and delay information.
- Reception of an API key for evaluation (upon registration)
- Documentation available to download
- Code snippets and SDKs
- Reporting and analytics to test and manage apps
- Transaction based pricing
- Support and forum