This week Joe Francica and Adena Schutzberg explore Monday's announcement of the planned acquisition. Will regulators let it through? Will the combination of TomTom's Mapshare and Tele Atlas' prowess at maintaining spatial databases mean better data delivered in more timely fashion? What will investors receive? And, how are geospatial professionals impacted?
The podcast is 18 minutes long and was recorded on July 23, 2007.
- Press release
- NAVTEQ's Stock Zooms 20%+ on News of Tele Atlas Acquisition (All Points Blog)
- TomTom to Acquire Tele Atlas (All Points Blog)
- Q&A and Conference Call Information
- on NAVTEQ (Seeking Alpha Blog)
- More on TomTom Share(All Points Blog)
- TomTom Share: Graphic Tour (All Points Blog)
- TomTom MapShare allows drivers to edit maps (All Points Blog)