An InformationWeek survey reveals that just 7% of businesses surveyed are using mashups. Is that true for geospatial mashups? Is it true, as Matt Brown, an analyst at Forrester Research suggests, that "Businesses have bigger priorities at the moment than worrying how to mash up logistical data or workforce information into a mapping app?" This week we look at why businesses are slow on the uptake with regard to mashups, and perhaps geospatial and what it might take to get them involved.Why are businesses not yet embracing geospatial mashups?
- Maps Meet Mashups (InformationWeek, March 2007, core article, see sidebars, too)
- Mashups Make Their Way Into Business Apps--Slowly (InformationWeek, February 2007, original reference to 7% using mashups, and Oracle WebCenter)
- InformationWeek on Maps & Mashups (All Points Blog)
- InformationWeek: GPS Uptake for Mobile Apps Limited (All Points Blog)
- Changing Media Summit: The mobile session (Guardian Blog, estimate of 55% of US mobiles have GIS)
- Companies like Web 2.0 tech--but from big vendors (C|net)