– CARIS is pleased to announce the release of Bathy DataBASE 4.0, the leading solution for managing and analyzing bathymetry data. Powered by the CSAR engine and backed by proven RDBMS technology, Bathy DataBASE delivers a robust and scalable solution for the storage and analysis of ever-expanding volumes of Sonar and LiDAR data.
Significant enhancements have been made to the latest version of Bathy DataBASE, including the launch of a 64-bit version. A new dataset grouping tool makes the display and analysis of multiple grids and point cloud datasets fast and simple. The surface combine tool has been re-factored to use memory more efficiently, making the process dramatically faster and more scalable. New database connection and query capabilities create quicker and more effective means of working with large databases. In addition to these enhancements, the latest version of Bathy DataBASE includes access to database operations using the Python scripting language. Through the use of scripting, users can automate portions of the workflow and run batch processes on large numbers of sources in the database. “More and more organizations are looking for a scalable solution for an increasing volume of data,” said Karen Cove, product manager for Bathy DataBASE.
“With the latest version of Bathy DataBASE we’re able to support those demands and keep processing times down. New capabilities like Python scripting and performance improvements on existing tools allow users to create more efficient workflows and execute them in less time.” The Bathy DataBASE 4.0 release will introduce version control licensing. License strings will be available via the Online Customer Service website but clients can also request the new license files be sent via email. Each license will be unique and will work with Bathy DataBASE 4.0 as well as earlier versions. Those clients without current subscription will not receive a new license string for Bathy DataBASE 4.0 but will continue to be able to use older versions of the software.
The CARIS subscription program provides clients with many benefits. These include:
• Eligibility to receive all major and minor updates.
• Direct access to CARIS expertise is available to help with a variety of queries, from application and data support to workflow and procedural questions.
• Exclusive access to the Online Customer Services website that gives subscribers access to Service Packs and Hotfixes, change lists and release announcements, and a direct link to customer services.
• Online Helpdesk support that enables customers to submit questions, receive rapid feedback on application usage and suggest future application development.
If you are a current subscriber with only partial subscription support for your Bathy DataBASE licenses or if you're a client with no subscription at all then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and make sure that your Bathy DataBASE licenses evolve with your organization. Caption for image: Bathymetry data of Bull’s Scarp off South Carolina, image supplied by College of Charleston BEAMS program. About CARIS Established in 1979, CARIS is a leading developer of geospatial software. The CARIS Ping-to-Chart™ product line delivers an integrated software solution for the entire workflow of hydrographic information from the echosounder "ping" through to the production and distribution of the "chart". CARIS products are continually selected by hydrographic offices, military agencies, survey contractors, ports and harbours, municipalities, land administrators and academia among others. In addition to its Canadian headquarters,
CARIS has offices in The Netherlands, United States, Australia and United Kingdom. There are also more than 20 resellers bringing sales and support of CARIS brand software to more than 85 countries. ### For more information or to arrange an interview: Call Erin Roberts, Marketing Coordinator +1 (506) 458-8533, or email email@example.com