Washington, DC – July 17, 2014 COM.* conference announced COM.* 2014 Panel+ I: Federal Big Data Working Group Tech Talks and Panel Discussion. The Federal Big Data Working Group Panel will feature these members who will discuss their involvement in the working group, research applications, use cases, publications, solutions, and technologies.
Moderator (Panel Chair)
Dr. Katherine Goodier, Data Sciences Practice Leader, Xcelerate Solutions. Dr. Goodier is the practice leader for Data Science and Enterprise Architecture at Xcelerate Solutions. She is a computational linguist who is a published researcher in the areas of cognitive neural networks, big data, cloud analytics, and standards. She has over 30 years of practical experience.
- Dr. Kirk Borne, Professor of Astrophysics and Computational Science, George Mason University
- Dr. Chuck Rehberg, CTO, Trigent and Semantic Insights
- Dr. Joan Aron, Independent Consultant Climate Data, Aron Environmental Consulting
Dr. Tom Rindflesch, Information Research Specialist at Cognitive Science Branch, National
Institutes for Health (NIH)
- Ms. Mary Galvin, Managing Principal, AIC & Semantic Community
Speakers for Federating Uses Cases:
- Data Science: Brand Niemann
- Privacy and Security: Katherine Goodier
- Environmental and Earth Science: Joan Aron
- Astronomy: Kirk Borne
Federating Data Publications:
- Structured Scientific Content: Papers, journals, books, reports, etc.
- Data FAIRports: Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable
- Data Stories That Persuade: Claims and Evidence
Federating Solutions & Technologies
- Semantic MedLine: Tom Rindflesch
- Reading and Reasoning: Katherine Goodier and Chuck Rehberg, Semantic Insights on Elsevier Content Text Mining
- Social Media and NodeXL: Marc Smith
- Hand-Crafted by Individuals and Teams: Mary Galvin, STEM
- Data Mining Standards and Products: Brand Niemann, Data Publications in Data Browsers
- Machine Processing: Fredrik Salvesen, Semantic Data Publications on Yarc Data Graph Appliance
- Data Curation at Scale: Michael Stonebraker, Tamr on 1000s of Spreadsheets
For more details, please see the http://www.com-geo.org/conferences/2014/
About COM.* Conference
COM.* 2014 has expanded to three more emerging tech areas, Big Data, driverless cars, and geospatial computing. COM.Geo has been playing a guiding role to advancing the technologies in computing for geospatial research and application since it was initiated 5 years ago.
This year, COM.* conferences and summits will focus on COM.BigData 2014, COM.DriverelessCar 2014, and COM.Geo 2014. All three will take place in the same time frame and conference center in August in Washington DC, USA as well as COM.* online Virtual Conference center.
Several leading keynotes and insightful panels from U.S. federal government and world-class industries and universities will be open to all the attendees of the three conferences and summits. There will be a great opportunity for everyone to learn trends, share visions, exchange ideas, discuss details, and expand networking circles.