Today, Eye4Software B.V. is proud to announce, that the latest version of their Hydrographic Survey Software, Hydromagic version 5.0 has been released to the public.
The main purpose of this software is to map the bottom of a river or ocean, by using a GPS or RTK positioning system combined with a singlebeam fishfinder or echosounder.
Once the data acquisition has been completed, the sounding can, if needed, be filtered and corrected using the built-in sounding editor. From the corrected sounding, a digital terrain model (DTM) can be generated.
By comparing the generated DTM with a theoretical DTM, or a DTM created from a previous sounding, a volume calculation can be performed. For instance, to prove that dredging work has been done correctly.
The software supports multiple map formats, including some nautical map formats, such as S57 ENC and GIS formats like GeoTIFF, ESRI Shape and MapInfo TAB/MIF files. CAD drawings generated with either Microstation or AutoCAD (DXF) can also be used.
The software is shipped with more then 5000 built-in local map projections, which allows you to use it at almost any place on earth. The major changes since last version include:
For more information regarding this product, or to download a fully functional 30 days evaluation version of the product, please visit the products website at http://www.eye4software.com/products/hydromagic.
- Added support for MapInfo MIF and TAB background map files;
- Added support for ATLAS BNA background map files;
- Added support for SURFER BLN background map files;
- Added support for projection files (ESRI WKT and PROJ.4 formats);
- Improved S57 ENC and OpenStreetMaps XML loading time;
- Field selection when exporting ASCII data;
- Improved ASCII file import, ability to skip lines and fields;
- Improved KML export dialog;
- Ability to measure area's using cursor in map view;
- Generate line sections from AutoCAD (DXF) files;
- Date and Time formats in export files, dialogs and views can now be defined;
- Timeout alarm when echo-sounder stops sending data;