Vancouver, BC, Canada, 12 March 2014 – Galdos Systems is pleased to announce that Expedia, Inc., the world’s largest travel company, signed an agreement to use Galdos INdicio™
Under the agreement, Expedia will use INdicio to better organize and present all of its geographic data including points of interest, tourist regions, and entertainment districts. The INdicio-based system makes it possible for Expedia geographers to better organize, edit, and present data significantly more quickly. A custom system, developed by Expedia, will input and retrieve data from INdicio for presentation to its consumers using sites included in its extensive brand portfolio such as Expedia.ca and ca.hotels.com. INdicio will also assist with the harmonization of different data models and data instances. Galdos anticipates that INdicio will enable Expedia to develop new user capabilities more quickly and at lower cost.
About Galdos Systems Inc.
Galdos Systems Inc. is a software products and services company that delivers enterprise and pan-enterprise location-enabled information management solutions. These solutions include Master Data Management and other Information Management systems.
Galdos INdicio™ is a full featured, multi-tiered framework for the rapid development of complex applications that integrate information across the enterprise. INdicio provides data storage, tools, and support for complex data modeling, virtualization, unique identifiers, and data governance that is ideal for the management of master data.
Galdos Systems is based in Vancouver, Canada. With a global customer base, Galdos works to help organizations share data between departments, across enterprises, and with other stakeholders and business partners. Galdos is a world leader in applying GML and other open standards to automated information exchange.
About The Expedia group
The Expedia group is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world’s largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 31 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in 12 countries throughout North America, Europe and Asia
- Egencia®, the world’s fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.com™, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- trivago®, a leading hotel metasearch company with sites in 40 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, one of North America’s leading retail cruise vacation experts
The company delivers consumers value in leisure and business travel, drives incremental demand and direct bookings to travel suppliers, and provides advertisers the opportunity to reach a highly valuable audience of in-market travel consumers through Expedia Media Solutions. Expedia also powers bookings for some of the world’s leading airlines and hotels, top consumer brands, high traffic websites, and thousands of active affiliates through Expedia® Affiliate Network (NASDAQ: EXPE). For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.