Sydney, Australia - 17 January 2014:
Detailed world basemaps are essential for large-scale mapping applications. GeoSage is pleased to provide streamlined world basemaps on satellite imagery and shaded relief to Vizrt, the leading company offering innovative digital content and software solutions for the world's major broadcasters. The basemaps, with multiple styles and in large sizes, are carefully processed and ready to use. Some unique features include:
- World satellite imagery mosaics in 3 styles, including the global mosaic with 3D terrain texture embedded.
- World shaded-relief maps in 3 styles, including the global mosaic with grey level hill-shading effect.
- Each styled basemap is large-sized (1,296,000 x 648,000 pixels, one of the largest images of its kind) and at a consistent spatial resolution of 30m (about 1,000 times more detailed than the world basemap at 1km-resolution). Unlike those tileset basemaps from mapping portals such as Google Maps, Bing Maps and ArcGIS Online, each GeoSage's basemap is a single seamless imagery file and it is easy to manage.
- Each basemap is in GIS-friendly, optimized JPEG2000 format compressed from 2.29 Terabytes data in raw binary. Anyone even with little geospatial experience is able to use it. The basemap can be dynamically and quickly integrated, customized or visualized along with other geographic layers in mapping software (e.g. ArcGIS and MapInfo).
- Satellite imagery and elevation data are offered in tandem allowing for rapid 3D terrain visualization at the global level.
- Flexible licensing allows terabytes of world basemaps to be delivered along with client's proprietary systems and applications.
Satellite imagery and shaded relief maps are among the most popular basemaps and highly complementary to many other feature layers such as OpenStreetMap and land covers. Overviews can be seen at http://www.GeoSage.com/ or http://www.SatelliteImagery360.com/
GeoSage's unique world basemaps are of high quality and cost effective. After extensive evaluation, the Vizrt team is now adding this basemaps source into its Viz World production software, the broadcast industry’s de facto standard for the creation of branded maps and geographic animations. This addition makes the already powerful, mapping-capable Viz World system more comprehensive.
GeoSage (http://www.GeoSage.com/) is an enthusiastic leading developer in image fusion and spectral transformation analysis. It develops key technologies and software tools able to enhance imagery interpretation and visualisation, and produces some unique, large-sized, global satellite imagery and shaded-relief mosaics. GeoSage offers innovative, advanced and cost-effective image/spatial analysis products and solutions for the growing geospatial community as well as the general public. The latest free, advanced image stretching and pan-sharpening software (Spectral Transformer for Landsat-8 imagery) able to rapidly make beautiful and detail-rich Landsat-8 imagery has been well received.
Vizrt (http://www.vizrt.com/) provides real-time 3D graphics and asset management tools for the broadcast industry - from award-winning animations and maps to online publishing tools. Vizrt's products are used by the world's leading broadcasters and publishing houses, including: CNN, CBS, Fox, the BBC, BSkyB, Al Jazeera, ITN, ZDF, Star TV, Network 18, TV Today, CCTV, NHK, The Globe and Mail, Times Online, The Telegraph, and Welt Online. Furthermore, many world-class production houses and corporate institutions such as the Stock Exchanges in New York and London use Vizrt systems. Vizrt is a public company traded on the Oslo Main List: VIZ, ISIN: IL0010838154.