The first Geospatial Intelligence for Maritime Operations conference brochure has been released and is set to commence on the 24th June 2014. The conference welcomes key members of the Maritime, Port and Geospatial communities across Europe to share best practice and explore how Geospatial Intelligence will be utilised at the strategic and operational levels.
Delegates will benefit from hearing from key speakers such as:
- Hugo De Groof, INSPIRE Policy officer, European Commission, Directorate-General Environment, Governance, Information & Reporting Unit
- John Erik Hagen, Chairman of the e-Navigation Correspondence Group, International Maritime Organisation
- Captain Ben van Scherpenzeel, Director Nautical, Developments, Policy and Plans, Port of Rotterdam
- Christine Trickett, Senior Product Manager, Admiralty Nautical Products and Services, UK Hydrographic Office
- Jorge Martín Díaz de Espada, Operations – Health, Safety, Security & Procurement Manager, Noatum Ports & Maritime
- Manlio Oddone, Maritime Security Centre, Scientist,, NATO Centre for, Maritime Research and Experimentation
This diverse and interactive symposium will explore:
- Interoperability:Reducing bureaucracy and duplication, sharing information and shortening incident response times.
- Regulations:Exploring the European Commission Proposal May 2013: “Establishing a framework on market access to port services and financial transparency of ports.” And ISPS. How Geospatial Intelligence provides a cost effective solution to meet these.
- Security:Sharing intelligence to identify crimes sooner and understanding behavioural patterns onsite to detect irregularities.
To learn more about the conference, please download the brochure here http://bit.ly/1iAI6v2