At Intergeo Getmapping will be launching two exciting new services, a flexible cameral rental service aimed at aerial survey companies plus a range of technical products and services that can be white labelled by geospatial solution providers.
Aerial survey is a tough business at the mercy of the weather and limited by the seasons. Making the most of available resources is vital to ensure economic operations. To tackle the fluctuation in seasonal demand, Getmapping is launching a range of flexible camera rental options which will help link costs directly to revenue generated. The options include:
- Standard System Rental - camera system rental for a fixed period for a fixed fee.
- Flexible Rental - camera system rental for an agreed duration with a reduced fixed fee, plus a fee per kilometre of data captured.
- Pay As You Go - camera system rental on a ‘pay as you go’ (per kilometre captured) basis, subject to minimum targets.
- Integrated Solution - camera system rental plus image processing also available as a full ‘pay as you go’ per kilometre solution.
Rental options include access to the latest camera technology, including the Vexel Ultracam Eagle and Visionmap A3 systems.
The second announcement revolves around the ability to white label Getmapping’s range of value-added technical services. Partners will be able to offer and brand these services as their own and benefit from the substantial new opportunities that result. Getmapping partners will be able to offer:
- Web GIS - a simple to use web-based GIS that enables customers to view, analyse, edit and create maps from your data
- Public Map Viewer - a mapping API that enables customers to embed mapping and imagery into their web sites and share data with clients and the public online
- Data Hosting - powerful data hosting facilities for a wide range of raster and vector data
- Data Streams (WMS/WFS) - serve up raster and vector data to customers using Getmapping’s own OGC compliant WMS and WFS feeds
- E-commerce (Web Shop) - a ready built online platform to sell your data
“Flexible camera rental makes economic sense for survey companies struggling to meet their data capture targets. We have benefitted from similar arrangements for a number of years and it now seems appropriate to open this out to the wider market,” said Dave Horner, Managing Director of Getmapping. “Technical services have already significantly changed our business model in the UK enabling us to provide a wider range of revenue generating options to our customer base. White labelling our technical service portfolio enables other geospatial solution providers to partner with us and add more value to what they can already deliver. It also allows us to leverage our investment in platforms, it’s a win, win whichever way you look at it,” explained Horner.