URISA is pleased to announce the complete program details for GIS-Pro 2017. URISA’s 55th annual conference, will take place October 23-26, 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida. Registration is also open and exhibit/sponsor opportunities have recently been posted.
From workshops to keynotes to breakout sessions, we’re offering significant content on NextGen 9-1-1 and Emergency Preparedness, Drones/UAVs, Asset Management, and Emerging Technologies. The committee also developed a full program track to support GIS Leaders and Managers; another that will help prepare GIS professionals for GISP Certification; and another track focused on supporting young professionals and students in our community.
There is something for GIS professionals at all stages of their careers at GIS-Pro 2017! Take some time to review all of the opportunities and details at www.gis-pro.org.
Here are some highlights:
8 full and half-day workshops (one included with full registration fee)
- Emergency Preparedness for GIS
- NextGen 9-1-1 & GIS Workflow
- Asset Management: Planning, Strategy and Implementation
- Business Intelligence and Data Integration for the GIS Professional
- GIS Strategic Planning
- UAS Operational Requirements for GIS Professionals
- NG911 Data Hacks: Finding Anomalies and Fixing Them
- Survey of FEMA's Hazus-MH Natural Hazard Loss Estimation Tool
2 powerhouse keynotes:
Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's a Drone.
Our opening keynote will soar to new heights and cover some of the most topical things about Drones. Our expert panel will share their extensive knowledge about the latest developments in research, deployment and legal issues.
3-2-1 Launch, 21st Century Kennedy Space Center GIS
Join Glenn Walters, our closing keynote speaker, as he takes us on a “spatial” mission sharing his insight on GIS work at the Kennedy Space Center. With the advent of commercial space, the Kennedy Space Center has been evolving from a single launch program into a multi-tenant, multi-use spaceport. To serve the future needs of the KSC user-base, GIS will also need to evolve.
100+ individuals speaking in 40 breakout sessions within 6 comprehensive program tracks:
- GIS Leadership & Management
- GISP Exam Fundamentals
- Emerging and Effective Technologies
- NextGen 9-1-1 Fundamentals
- Transportation & Asset Management
- Young Professionals: Inspiring the Future of GIS
Registration is open! Early bird discounts are available for both registration and exhibit booth purchases until August 1.
Visit the conference website at www.gis-pro.org for complete details.