New release provides advanced remote sensing analysis and spatial modeling capabilities
Intergraph announces the release of ERDAS IMAGINE 2013 as part of Intergraph Geospatial Portfolio 2013. Engineered to scale with users’ geospatial data production needs, ERDAS IMAGINE 2013 allows organizations to perform advanced remote sensing analysis and spatial modeling. With ERDAS IMAGINE, users can create new information by visualizing results in 2D, 3D, movies, and on cartographic-quality map compositions.
“With ERDAS IMAGINE 2013, organizations can fully leverage remote sensing analysis and spatial modeling, maximizing the use of their geospatial data for enhanced decision making,” said Mladen Stojic, Vice President – Geospatial, Intergraph. “New features include a suite of tools for handing point clouds and a next-generation spatial modeler.”
In addition to providing expanded sensor support throughout the product suite, ERDAS IMAGINE 2013 includes:
- New Tools and Technology for Handling Point Clouds: Users can more thoroughly visualize, analyze, and manage their point clouds with new viewing technology that allows users to simultaneously view point clouds in 2D, 3D and as a user- specified profile that can reveal cross sections of the point cloud.
- Next-Generation Spatial Modeler:The next-generation spatial modeler features an all-new, modern interface and provides a real-time preview of results. In addition to the ERDAS IMAGINE raster operators, the new spatial modeler incorporates GeoMedia vector and grid operators to greatly extend problem-solving capability.
- New Tools in the IMAGINE Radar Mapping Suiteä: IMAGINE Radar Mapping Suite provides new tools that enable easier, more thorough use of radar data resources. Many of the radar tools are now presented using a ribbon interface for faster and easier access. Other features include real-time ship tracking with Automatic Identification System (AIS) feeds, on-the-fly georeferencing, and quick and easy detection of floods or spills
- Better Results for Object-based Feature Extraction:IMAGINE Objective uses a new segmentation algorithm, FLS, and provides users with the ability to fine-tune the creation of segments based on shape, size, texture, and spectral value.
ERDAS IMAGINE 2013 is available in three tiers:
- IMAGINE Essentials®:This entry-level image processing product for map creation and simple feature collection tools enables serial batch processing.
- IMAGINE Advantage®: Enabling advanced spectral processing, image registration, mosaicking and image analysis, and change detection capabilities, IMAGINE Advantage provides parallel batch processing for accelerated output.
- IMAGINE Professional®: The highest-level product includes a production toolset for advanced spectral, hyperspectral, and radar processing, and spatial modeling, as well as ERDAS ER Mapper.
- For more information, view our product video here. To learn more about Intergraph Geospatial Portfolio 2013, please visit geospatial.intergraph.com/2013.
Intergraph is the leading global provider of engineering and geospatial software that enables customers to visualize complex data. Businesses and governments in more than 60 countries rely on Intergraph’s industry-specific software to organize vast amounts of data to make processes and infrastructure better, safer and smarter. The company’s software and services empower customers to build and operate more efficient plants and ships, create intelligent maps, and protect critical infrastructure and millions of people around the world.
Intergraph operates through two divisions: Process, Power & Marine (PP&M) and Security, Government & Infrastructure (SG&I). Intergraph PP&M provides enterprise engineering software for the design, construction, operation and data management of plants, ships and offshore facilities. Intergraph SG&I provides geospatially powered solutions including ERDAS technologies to the public safety and security, defense and intelligence, government, transportation, photogrammetry, and utilities and communications industries. Intergraph Government Solutions (IGS) is an independent subsidiary for SG&I’s U.S. federal business.
Intergraph is part of Hexagon (Nordic exchange: HEXA B; www.hexagon.com), a leading global provider of design, measurement and visualization technologies that enable customers to design, measure and position objects, and process and present data. For more information, visit