To be featured at the Matrox booth (#1973) at InfoComm 2017, Extio 3 sets a new industry standard by securely extending a single 4Kp60 4:4:4 video signal—or four 1080p60 4:4:4 signals—along with keyboard, mouse, stereo audio and USB 2.0 over standard gigabit Ethernet at unprecedentedly low bit rates.
Extio 3 IP KVM products deliver exceptional remote desktop performance and, when combined with standard GigE network switches, create a cost-effective over-IP extension and switching solution, allowing users to securely and instantly switch to any system on the KVM network. Designed to optimize collaboration, Extio 3 provides a secondary H.264 proxy video stream, compatible with H.264 software and hardware decoders, enabling users to view a selected desktop on mobile devices, record it to a network attached storage or to display it on a video wall.
“Matrox Extio 3's unique design leverages the most widely deployed Ethernet infrastructure to securely remote high performance workstations” said Caroline Injoyan, business development manager, Matrox Graphics. “The availability of the proxy stream will enable customers to easily move information over the network—beyond the control room—Extio 3 is more than just KVM, it’s a collaboration hub.”
Extio 3 provides the operational flexibility required for use in industrial automation and process control, healthcare, transportation, defense, government, broadcast, and production industries and applications. Configurable as a point-to-point or networked KVM, it allows the centralizing of hardware in climate-controlled server rooms, increasing security, protecting against environmental hazards, and reducing system noise and heat emissions.
Extio 3 is an IP KVM solution for ultra-high resolution and multi-display applications, providing exceptional remote performance over 1GigE networks at low bitrates.
- Extends multi-display video, keyboard, mouse, USB2.0 and stereo analog audio over Gigabit Ethernet
- Supports up to 4Kp60 (3840x2160 @60Hz 4:4:4)
- Supports up to quad 1080p60 (920x1080 @60Hz 4:4:4)
- Features an RJ45 network port and offers an optional SFP multimode or single-mode upgrade
- Allows configuration, management, and monitoring of all Extio 3 devices from a central location on the network via Extio Central Manager software
- Enables local control of settings from any Extio 3 appliance through its on-screen-display (OSD) to easily switch and connect to systems
- Creates scalable KVM matrix-routing with standard Gigabit Ethernet network switches
- Supports one-to-one, many-to-one, or many-to-many configurations
- Provides a secondary proxy stream for recording a selected desktop on a network storage device, sharing it with mobile devices or a video wall
- Enhances KVM security with the option to encrypt AV signals and protect the transmitted desktop content
Extio 3 will be on display at InfoComm 2017 (Booth: 1973).
To learn more about Extio 3 and the product release timeline, contact Matrox Graphics to schedule a meeting with a product expert at InfoComm.
About Matrox Graphics Inc.
Matrox Graphics is a global manufacturer of reliable, high-quality ASICs, boards, appliances, and software. Backed by in-house design expertise and dedicated customer support, Matrox products deliver stellar capture, extension, distribution, and display. Engineering high-quality products since 1976, Matrox technology is trusted by professionals and partners worldwide. Matrox is a privately held company headquartered in Montreal, Canada. For more information, visit www.matrox.com/graphics.
Matrox Media Contact:
Tel: +1 (514) 822-6000 ext. 2046
Matrox is a trademark of Matrox Electronic Systems Ltd., registered in Canada and other countries. All other company and product names are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of their respective owners.