LAS VEGAS and CHICAGO,IL- Continuing in its tradition of being the category innovator, NAVIGON, today announced a greatly expanded pool of new content for its GPS navigators that will be available for download this spring. These content downloads include Red Light Camera Data, Rand McNally Scenic Routes and City Guides, a European Map, 3D Landmarks, a North American Expansion Pack and Extended POIs. Users can purchase the content on NAVIGONs Web shop. They then can manage and update their content using NAVIGONs free online software platform, NAVIGON Fresh. It automatically synchronizes Personal Computers with NAVIGON GPS devices via a USB connection, providing an easy- access platform to update and augment content.
Our NAVIGON Fresh platform provides our customers with easy access to a number of the innovative features we have developed and provides them with options to tailor their navigation experience to their needs, said Michael Roach, NAVIGONs president for the Americas. The availability of these new features, such as Red Light Cameras, Rand McNally content and a European map continues our tradition of providing features that are relevant to the navigation experience.
The following new NAVIGON Fresh content will be available this spring:
Red Light Cameras
NAVIGON Red Light Cameras give drivers the information they need by providing an advanced warning when the driver is approaching dangerous intersections monitored by traffic cameras. These alerts make the driver aware of upcoming intersections and potentially avoid costly traffic tickets. The estimated MSRP for this content is $29.99.
- Thousands of traffic camera locations across the country
- One year subscription
- Monthly database updates to stay current with new installations
Rand McNally Scenic Routes and City Guides
Rand McNallys Scenic Routes and City Guides provide comprehensive travel information to aide NAVIGON device owners during the trip planning process and while they are on the road. The estimated MSRP is $19.99 each.
- Best of the Roads®. Rand McNallys famous series of scenic driving trips information on dining, attractions and lodging.
- Customizable Trips. Create the trips you want by deleting parts of the trip that dont fit your interests.
- Detailed City Guides. Overviews of the most visited attractions, museums and landmarks, plus nightlife spots.
- National Coverage. More than 1400 cities with coverage in all 50 US states and Canada.
North American NAVIGON owners can now travel in Europe with their NAVIGON GPS device. With the simple insertion of a Micro SD card, NAVIGON owners can navigate millions of miles of roads in 38 European countries complete with speed limits, sign postings and millions of POIs. The estimated MSRP is $129.99.
- SD Card pre-loaded with software and maps of 38 European countries
- More than 4.5 million miles of roads
- Millions of points of interest (POIs) in more than 50 categories
North American Expansion Pack
NAVIGONs North American Expansion Pack gives users a full North America map as well as the most current software for their device. Users who purchase this content will have their devices upgraded to NAVIGONs new state-of-the-art software. The estimated MSRP is $49.99.
- Expand a 48 State map to a fully functional map of North America (adds Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, & Puerto Rico)
- Update device software to the latest version
- Fully compatible with an existing NAVIGON FreshMaps subscription
- Compatible with NAVIGON 2000S, NAVIGON 2200T, NAVIGON 2100max & NAVIGON 5100max.
See the Empire State Building as you navigate New York City. Adding 3D landmarks to your NAVIGON 2200T delivers this along with almost 600 other notable buildings across the country. The estimated MSRP is $39.99. Expanded POIs
Improve your search results in a flash with NAVIGONs Extended POIs. Extended POIs is an expansion pack for our devices with 2.8 million new POIs in many new categories. The estimated MSRP is $29.99.
- New categories
- Compatible with NAVIGON 7200T
Users of the groundbreaking NAVIGON FreshMaps service can also use NAVIGON Fresh to easily download map updates to their device. NAVIGONs FreshMaps service offers quarterly map and POI updates. NAVIGON owners can already accessorize their devices with ZAGAT® Ratings and Reviews and real-time traffic information using NAVIGON Fresh.
NAVIGON INC. is one of the worlds leading providers of navigation products and software solutions. NAVIGON makes its own navigation brand consumer products and creates software solutions for OEM customers operating in personal navigation, wireless, and automotive sectors. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Europe, North America and Asia.
For more information, visit www.navigon.com.