NJVC will lead efforts to provide secure cloud brokerage services to the Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC) using its first-to-market Cloudcuity Management Portal during a series of 2013 geospatial community cloud demonstrations that will be conducted on behalf of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). NJVC’s partners are The Aerospace Corporation, The Boeing Company and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC).
Hosted through the secure Cloudcuity Management Portal, NCOIC members will have access to CloudScreen, an automated set of evaluation tools that:
- Determines cloud infrastructure feasibility
- Estimates cloud infrastructure cost and benefits
- Conducts physical capacity for cloud translations
- Matches application requirements to cloud provider capabilities based on features and functionality
- compares provider costs and quality of service
Team members’ unique contributions include:
- The Boeing Company: Geoservices through a Boeing-developed set of capabilities via its OpenGeo software
- The Aerospace Corporation: An OpenStack-based cloud and a virtual organization management system patterned after the one used by the Worldwide Large Hadron Collider Computing Grid
- OGC: Expertise to monitor, offer advice and report on the use of OGC standards throughout the demonstration period
The Cloudcuity Management Portal also will provide advanced monitoring, consolidated billing, chargeback and policy governance to ensure provider compliance and NCOIC satisfaction.
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in business- and mission-critical environments, particularly for the intelligence and defense communities. We offer a wide breadth of IT and strategic solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to managed flexible services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. We partner with our customers to support their missions with security-cleared, dedicated and talented employees ready to deploy globally. To learn more, visit www.njvc.com.