PALO ALTO, Calif., April 8, 2013 - At the Mobile World Congress, Pole Star, the pioneer and world leader in indoor location, confirmed its leadership with the release of NAO Cloud, the first cloud-based Indoor Positioning platform.
NAO Cloud is the product of more than 5 years of innovation, technological advancement, and field experience that helped make the solution unique, scalable and global.
“NAO Cloud opens Indoor Location technology to everyone,” says Christian Carle, the CEO and founder of Pole Star. “In just a few clicks, our venue owners customers or partners, can now add indoor location to their mobile services.”
Key differentiators include:
- - Capability to implement the service in a new venue autonomously and in few hours,
- - Support of iOS and Android platforms.
- - NAO Cloud’s fusion engine is self-adaptable to 100% of environments and is able in certain conditions to compute the user position even in areas where there is neither Wi-Fi nor BLE beacons, by just using smart fusion of motion sensors (MEMS) available in the mobile devices. A capability demonstrated during the MWC in Barcelona to about 50 customers and partners, including analysts, achieving 3 feet (1 meter) accuracy.
- - Patent pending “Blind” crowdsourcing capability: the NAO Campus service is deployed from scratch eliminating map preparation and site measurement steps collecting smartphone user’s data in the site where they are. This big step on innovation enables Pole Star to expand quickly its coverage.
- - As well as access to customizable indoor location analytics by venue
Apple’s entry in the indoor positioning market confirms the strategic value of Indoor Location. This is a very positive move for our ecosystem, another proof that Pole Star is at the right place and at the right moment. Pole Star’s leadership position in the market is built upon key technical differentiators, deep experience in large deployments, a customer centric approach and a multi-platform compatibility (iOS and Android). Pole Star is more than ever the key enabler for smart cities and smart buildings worldwide.
In the past month, Pole Star growth has sored, fueled by a steep demand for indoor location capabilities. In the US, the company added 3 new Silicon Valley and 1 east coast shopping malls to Mall Buddy, the indoor location ”living lab” for Android, that is available now in 13 malls. While globally, new shopping malls, exhibition centers and department stores in Europe have selected Pole Star’s indoor solution. Last but not least, Pole Star’s partner network of IT integrators, telco players and mobile solution providers is increasing fast, allowing the company to expand quickly its worldwide footprint.
About Pole Star
Pole Star, created in 2002 and based in Europe (France -Toulouse & Paris) and the United States (Palo Alto, California), is the pioneer and world leader in indoor location. Pole Star mission is to deliver high performance, scalable and long lasting quality of service to venue owners or mobile solution providers anywhere in the world. With over 43 million square feet covered by NAO Campus in 15 different countries, Pole Star already has an impressive customer portfolio including airports, malls, department stores, convention centers and museums. Pole Star relies on extensive and trusted worldwide partner network to propose a complete range of end-to-end solutions integrating Pole Star’s flagship product, NAO Campus.
In 2012, Gartner ranked Pole Star as one of the most promising companies in the indoor location market (“Competitive Landscape: Indoor Positioning Technologies”, Annette Zimmerman, November 8th 2012).
For more information on NAO Campus, please visit www.polestarusa.com
Follow us on Twitter: @PoleStar_