ANNAPOLIS, Md. and BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- (Mobile World Congress Hall 5 Booth 5I70) --TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today introduced Gokivo® 2.0, its next generation navigation solution. Gokivo 2.0 leverages TCS' current market-leading location-based services (LBS) technologies to deliver an enhanced smartphone user experience that incorporates unique technology solutions.
- Gokivo 2.0 offers an unrivaled navigation experience with innovative enhancements for all smartphone users.
- Animated DopplerNav™ weather overlay displays real-time weather conditions on the map. Users may access accurate weather conditions while traveling.
- Enriched 3D maps deliver a seamless experience with pan, zoom and tilt controls, 3D landmarks and buildings, highway signs, speed limit information with alerts, real-time traffic details and more.
- Spoken guidance is provided in a conversational tone to ensure users understand upcoming directions. Local and native language support allows the user to choose from more than 30 languages.
- Lane guidance shows the precise traffic lane that drivers should use, helping to avoid confusion and missed turns.
- Enhanced search supports intelligent search, auto-suggest and premium content such as gas prices, movie listings, local events, ratings and reviews.
- Point-of-Interest (POI) information includes pictures, hours of operation, contact information and other relevant details.
- Sharing of information through messaging, email, Facebook and Twitter is supported.
- Search while navigating enables the user to search for points of interest during a navigation session to locate gas stations, restaurants and other destinations along the route.
- Gokivo 2.0 is initially available on Android and iPhone platforms.
For Operators and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs):
- An integrated data analytics platform provides carriers and OEMs the ability to gain valuable network, POI, and customer insights, helping to improve products and services and create tailored offerings to a user's distinct profile.
- Gokivo 2.0 incorporates TCS' proven Location ToolKit, which supplies the application programming interfaces (APIs) needed to develop custom branded applications, support all major smartphone platforms and integrate easily with any content, search database or map data.
TCS is a global leader in wireless LBS technology. TCS developed one of the world's first precise wireless location platforms and is the industry's global leader of precise LBS infrastructure. The company's end-to-end wireless LBS solutions include infrastructure, mapping, content, and branded and private-label applications. Using innovative mobile cloud computing services, TCS delivers top revenue-producing applications for navigation, hyper-local search, workforce tracking and family locators. Customers comprise more than 70 leading consumer brands, content providers, voice service providers, mobile network operators and OEMs. For more information, visit TCS LBS applications.
TCS Commercial Software Group President Jay Whitehurst said: "As a leading specialist in navigation and location applications, TCS is excited to introduce the future of navigation, today. Gokivo 2.0 will transform the navigation experience through its DopplerNav weather information, enhanced maps, innovative search functions and user-friendly features."
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services, providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS' cybersecurity expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.