TomTom continues to expand map coverage and content with latest release of global maps
Esri User Conference, San Diego, CA, July 23, 2012 - TomTom today announces map enhancements around the globe, delivering new coverage and features for automotive, government, enterprise and consumer customers. TomTom maps cover more than 200 countries and territories globally, now with navigable coverage for 112 countries across 36.5 million kilometres of roads.
“TomTom continues to expand its navigable map coverage with the introduction of a MulitNet map for Kenya, Mozambique and Angola" said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Automotive & Licensing. "On top of the growing global coverage, TomTom delivers high quality attribution that supports geocoding, navigation and other location based services.”
Some of the enhancements include:
· Addition of nearly 2.5 million Address Points in the United States to enable premium geocoding and navigation;
· Upgraded 17,000 kilometres of AutoVias in Spain to motorway classification to improve routing and display functionality;
· Increased street network coverage in Latvia to 100%, supporting street level navigation applications throughout the whole country;
· Voice Maps reaches 20 million names and more than 30 million voice transcriptions;
· Addition of lane and signpost information on freeways and inner city lanes in Thailand, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and Qatar enables easier, more efficient and safer routing;
· Introduction of new 3D landmarks for advanced visualization in India and South East Asia.
Visit TomTom at the Esri User Conference booth #1217 to learn more about global map products.