Monday, October 29, 2012, Amsterdam - TomTom today announces map enhancements around the globe, delivering new coverage and features for automotive, government, enterprise and consumer customers. TomTom now provides accurate Address Points in France, Ireland, Vietnam and UAE, bringing the total number of countries where Address Points are available to 20.
"TomTom continues to increase the depth of its navigable map content with the introduction of new Address Point products" said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Automotive & Licensing. "In addition to increasing global coverage, TomTom delivers high quality attribution such as Address Points to support geocoding, navigation and other location based services"
New map enhancements include:
New Address Point products added for France, Ireland, Vietnam and UAE
o France – 250,000 points in 4 cities – Paris, Nice, Lyon and Toulouse
o Ireland – 1,100,000 points with nationwide coverage
o Vietnam - 139,000 points
o UAE – 100,000 points
• Over 160 million Address Points in 20 countries worldwide to enable premium geocoding and navigation;
• 500,000 edits to core database features in Western Europe alone, including geometry, street-names, speed restrictions and one-way information;
• Significant map coverage increases in Turkey, Mexico, Brazil and India;
• 270 new cities/towns added in India – navigable coverage available for 99% of urban population
• New 2D City Maps in 11 European Countries, and improvements to 3D Advanced City Models for easier visualization