Conference to Power the Future of its Clients and the Technologies They Use
Roadnet Technologies is holding its annual Users Conference, “Perform 2014,” on May 12 – 15, 2014 at the Hyatt Regency, Coconut Point Resort in Fort Myers, FL. This year’s theme is “Powering Your Future” and will help Roadnet customers envision what the future holds through the successes that the logistics software firm has helped its clients achieve. The keynote speaker for this year’s conference will be former Redskins Super Bowl winning quarterback Joe Theismann.
Highlights of Perform 2014 include:
- Executive Programming:Programming and content focused on the interests and concerns of senior management-level customers. This will include relevant content developed by industry leaders, including an executive panel discussion.
- Super Sessions: In addition to the more than 35 breakout sessions, large group topical sessions, also known as “Super Sessions” are designed to offer additional high-level thought leadership tailored to audiences. Renowned Analyst Adrian Gonzalez will cover key industry trends in transportation management.
- Solutions Center:Users will have the opportunity to learn leading techniques and functions within Roadnet and partner applications through one-on-one time with senior product and solutions engineers.
- Client-led Sessions:Client-led sessions will allow customers to share best practices, game changing transformations and stories of success and outcomes in a peer-to-peer setting.
- Users Conference Mobile App:A new mobile conference app will be available and will detail session information and provide ”schedules at a glance,” speaker session information, as well as details about the resort and free time activities that are available.
The ever-popular Roadie Awards will also take place at Perform 2014. The “Roadies” is a self-nominated competition recognizing transportation logistics companies for operational excellence. Participants will also be able to enjoy the golf tournament and expanded hours to meet with Roadnet vendors and partners in the Solutions Center.
“We are excited about our upcoming Users Conference and can’t wait to highlight our customers who are reaping the benefits of using our vehicle routing, mobile employee GPS-tracking and logistics software,” said Len Kennedy, Roadnet Technologies’ Senior Vice President and General Manager. “Additionally, our customers will benefit from new training and executive programs we’re putting in place.”
“Greater (client) involvement is what this is all about,” said Kevin Haugh, Vice President of Product Management. “Future developments evolve from our involvement with our customers, as we are constantly garnering significant user feedback and input that leads to improvements and enhancements to our software offerings.“
The Users Conference will become an annual event beginning 2014. This year’s Platinum sponsor is Omnitracs and the Gold sponsor is Integrated Communications.
About Roadnet, an Omnitracs Company
Since 1983 Roadnet Technologies has been a worldwide provider of fleet and mobile management software and GPS tracking solutions for hundreds of thousands of vehicles in a broad range of industries such as foodservice, beverage, paper, medical, waste management, textile and energy. Roadnet’s fleet and mobile management software provides strategic territory and street-level route plans, multi-stop vehicle routing and scheduling, wireless dispatch, vehicle telematics, fuel management, and real-time vehicle GPS tracking.
Roadnet Technologies is a division of Omnitracs. For additional information about Roadnet Technologies’ suite of logistics technology products visit www.roadnet.com. The company can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Omnitracs is the leading provider of fleet management solutions including software applications, information services, and hardware platforms for private and for-hire fleets. The company's intuitive technologies including solutions for safety and compliance, fuel efficiency, driver retention, fleet productivity, GPS fleet tracking, and fleet maintenance, enable customers to solve common fleet problems and achieve their business objectives. Having pioneered the telematics industry more than 25 years ago as a business unit of Qualcomm, today, Omnitracs continues to serve more than 2,500 private and for-hire fleet customers and 270,000 vehicles throughout North American and Latin America. For more information, please visit www.Omnitracs.com