Event to Feature International Senior Leaders from the Defense and Intelligence Communities
The United States Geospatial Intelligence Foundation (USGIF) announced the final lineup of keynote speakers for the GEOINT 2013* Symposium, to be held April 14-17 in Tampa, Florida. The GEOINT Symposium is the largest intelligence event in the U.S., uniting the Defense, Intelligence, and Homeland Security Communities for a week of knowledge sharing, discussion, training and education, technology demonstrations, and networking.
Despite the October postponement of the GEOINT 2013 Symposium as a result of the federal government shutdown, the Symposium will once again include an agenda filled with senior leaders who have shown tremendous dedication to the GEOINT and Intelligence Communities.
The Foundation and its staff have been humbled and gratified by the steadfast support of Symposium attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and speakers, according to USGIF CEO Keith Masback.
“It’s hard to express the appreciation I feel for the speakers who stood by USGIF during the confusion in the fall all the way through to now as we prepare for an extraordinary event next week,” said Masback. “It’s a testament to what we feel is a sacred contract between the Foundation and everyone we work with.”
The final list of GEOINT 2013* keynote speakers includes:
- Gen. Lloyd J. Austin III, Commander, U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM)
- The Honorable James R. Clapper, Director of National Intelligence (DNI)
- Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, Director, Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
- Dr. Suzette Kimball, Acting Director, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
- Letitia A. Long, Director, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA)
- Adm. William H. McRaven, Commander, U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM)
- Lt. Gen. Raymond P. Palumbo, Director for Defense Intelligence for Warfighter Support, Office of the Undersecretary of Defense for Intelligence (OUSDI)
- Rep. C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Md.-2, Ranking Member, U.S. House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence
- Betty J. Sapp, Director, National Reconnaissance Office (NRO)
- Robert Scoble & Shel Israel, Co-authors of The Age of Context
- Lt. Gen. Joseph L. Votel, Commander, Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)
Additionally, the GEOINT 2013* Symposium will offer three panel discussions and a special presentation on the main stage. Thought leaders will examine national security topics, introduce new initiatives, and discuss how these solutions will transform the Community.
Panel discussions and presentations will include:
- Navigating the Global Information Sharing Environment
- DI2E: A Bridge Between JIE and IC ITE
- Innovating with the DIA
- The Global SOF Network: Operational Planning for the Global Mission
In addition to the high-caliber speakers and presentations on the main stage, the GEOINT 2013* Symposium will feature nearly 270 exhibitors, training and education opportunities, a Government Pavilion Stage, National Security Workshop, and much more. Visit geoint2013.com/agenda to view the complete GEOINT 2013* schedule of events.
USGIF is a nonprofit educational foundation dedicated to promoting the geospatial intelligence tradecraft and developing a stronger GEOINT Community with government, industry, academia, professional organizations, and individuals who develop and apply geospatial intelligence to address national security challenges. USGIF’s mission is to build the community, advance the tradecraft, and accelerate innovation. The GEOINT Symposium is hosted annually by USGIF.