This article brought to you by Nearmap
Leading aerial imagery company, Nearmap, is providing its high-resolution aerial imaging available free of charge to state, local and county health officials, and government agencies for COVID-19 relief effort planning. Agencies that do not currently have access to an active Nearmap subscription or trial can sign up for this service online or by calling 1-801-292-2321.
“We appreciate the tireless efforts of our health and government officials in setting up testing sites and providing other resources to the public during this unprecedented time,” said Rob Newman, CEO of Nearmap. “Nearmap is pleased to play a part in assisting these agencies as they continue to plan relief efforts nationwide. We hope this service will be a valuable resource in supporting safe, accurate planning while minimizing the amount of time required to be on-site.”
A PERFECT MATCH: HIGH-RES, CURRENT IMAGERY FOR EMERGENCY PLANNING
As COVID-19 began spreading across communities and social distancing measures were implemented, Nearmap connected with several government agencies and discovered they were using the company’s up-to-date, high-resolution aerial imagery to identify locations for mobile testing centers, temporary medical facilities, and more.
Nearmap’s HD, accurate, and current imagery gives government entities:
- EASY ACCESS: use it anywhere, available remotely to practice social distancing
- CLEAR VISUALIZATION: see your city/county environment distinctly with imagery resolution sub 3” GSD, with up to 3 captures per year
- POWERFUL INTEGRATION: seamlessly bring Nearmap’s high-res imagery into ArcGIS for project planning/mapping (or any other GIS & CAD platform)
- SIMPLE COMMUNICATION: use crystal clear imagery to get stakeholder/community buy-in
“We’ve used Nearmap to help create a traffic routing plan for an upcoming mobile test site," said Betsi Chatham, GIS Manager, City of Grapevine Information Technology. “It was nice to have and refer to because of the currency of the imagery.”
As more businesses discovered the value of having clear, current, and up-to-date location intelligence for crisis management and community impact planning, Nearmap made the decision to provide services directly to emergency management agencies and government entities managing the COVID-19 crisis free of charge.
“The health and well-being of our employees, clients, and partners during this global pandemic is our primary concern, and we are committed to doing our part to shorten COVID-19’s impact by helping to ensure the health and safety of the general public however we can,” shared Newman. “It’s important to us to be involved in and find ways to support global relief efforts.”
Upon requesting this free service, emergency response personnel will be able to access Nearmap’s library of location data and content available in the cities or counties in their jurisdiction. Nearmap captures most major metropolitan areas up to 3 times a year, providing the most recent—and broadly available—imagery on the market.
SEE BEYOND TODAY—USE HISTORICAL IMAGERY TO PLAN EFFECTIVELY
It’s not just the clarity, consistency, and reliability of the aerial content Nearmap offers that customers value; it’s also the ability to compare current and historical data. Nearmap has been capturing imagery across major urban areas of the U.S. since 2014. This allows subscribers the ability to monitor and assess change over time, particularly with projects that span years, not just months.
“Before Nearmap, we had gaps where we wouldn’t have updated imagery,” said Timothy Zimmer, GIS Administrator for Shelby County, TN. “Now that we have the ability to compare, we’re able to stay on top of new developments, roads, and addresses to help us stay informed. We trust what we’re seeing. Being able to have Nearmap imagery integrated into our GIS systems helps us be much more accurate.”
SEAMLESS AND POWERFUL—INTEGRATE NEARMAP IMAGERY INTO GIS PLATFORMS
With access to current and historical imagery, government entities can appropriately plan safe routes for police, fire, and critical emergency response teams. Whether it’s planning emergency response mobilization centers, determining proximity to medical clinics and hospitals, or providing visibility for line of sight for an event or project, Nearmap’s accurate aerial maps reflect current reality for accurate planning.
Taking that imagery and incorporating it into a third-party GIS/CAD platform is the next logical step. Customers can simply and easily integrate Nearmap imagery with ArcGIS, QGIS, and AutoCAD applications using Nearmap WMS and WMTS. Or, access is also available through Nearmap’s Tile and Image APIs for custom integration within your app or solution.
When you integrate high-resolution aerial imagery with the scalable and powerful ArcGIS platform, or other GIS ecosystems, you get a geospatial tool unlike any other. The combined solutions give GIS professionals the opportunity to perform deep location analysis and make decisions with confidence, using detailed and up-to-date visual data.
- TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR PROJECT: Combine Nearmap orthoimagery with powerful analytics using the simple and seamless GIS integration. Integrate the latest Nearmap imagery — or historical data — to provide an accurate basemap for all your project assets.
- OPTIMIZE PROJECT RESOURCES: By integrating current, clear, and regularly updated imagery from Nearmap with ArcGIS, governments and commercial businesses can better plan for resource deployment, manage the infrastructure lifecycle with precision, protect and inform citizens, and mitigate risk.
- GET EXTRA SPATIAL: Nearmap imagery is spatially correct, with GDA94, GDA2020, and NAD83 support. We also offer local projection support for MGA zones, NAD83 UTM zones, and US State Planes
- COMPARE & CONTRAST REAL DATA: High resolution imagery with historical captures gives you rich data to feed into your GIS platform. In return, you get information that can help you address virtually any location-impacted scenario, question, or problem that impacts your organization.
No matter what you may use Nearmap imagery for, you won’t find a better way to see truth on the ground than with Nearmap’s precise, current, crystal clear content. Imagine the possibilities that certainty in imagery can bring. Don’t stake your success on outdated or unreliable satellite imagery; get the accuracy and confidence that only the latest aerial maps can provide.