URISA Accepting Nominations for the GIS Hall of Fame
URISA’s GIS Hall of Fame Honors persons and organizations that have made significant and original contributions to the development and application of GIS concepts, tools, and/or resources, or the GIS profession.
Their contributions have had a significant and enduring impact on the GIS field or profession, and their work has benefited society as a whole.
Persons inducted into the GIS Hall of Fame have, in their work and professional conduct, exemplified vision, leadership, perseverance, community-mindedness, professional involvement, and ethical behavior.
URISA’s Hall of Fame laureates include:
• 2005 Inductees: Edgar Horwood, Ian McHarg, Roger Tomlinson, Jack Dangermond, Nancy Tosta, and the Harvard Lab
• 2006 Inductee: Gary Hunter
• 2007 Inductees: Don Cooke and Michael Goodchild
• 2009 Inductees: Will Craig and Carl Reed
• 2010 Inductee: C. Dana Tomlin
• 2011 Inductees: William Huxhold and Barry Wellar
• 2012 Inductees: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Natural Resources Canada, Statistics Canada, United States Census Bureau, and United States Geological Survey
• 2014 Inductee: Charles Croner
• 2016 Inductees: Alex Miller, Mark Monmonier, and Waldo Tobler
• 2018 Inductees: Peter Burrough and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
• 2021 Inductee: URISA's GISCorps
Anyone may nominate a person or organization for induction to URISA’s GIS Hall of Fame. Nominations are due on or before May 31, 2022.
Learn about URISA GIS Hall of Fame eligibility criteria, nominations, and review process here: https://www.urisa.org/awards/urisa-gis-hall-of-fame-eligibility-criteria-and-nominations/