Trimble RTX Correction Services Celebrates 10 Year Milestone
From its beginnings in a village close to Munich, Trimble RTX® technology is celebrating 10 years of satellite-delivered precise point positioning that currently provides less than two-centimeter level accuracy in less than a minute. Originally introduced as a real-time correction service for the agriculture industry, today it has redefined what’s possible for thousands of professionals across a wide range of industries, including geospatial professionals. Using real-time Trimble RTX correction service:
- Surveyors and mappers work efficiently with continuous, worldwide GNSS correction coverage
- Civil engineering and construction projects stay on point and on grade
- Automobile manufacturers’ ADAS keep hands-free vehicles safely in their lane
- Wireless technology and network providers better enable 5G and IIoT
- Farmers can cover additional ground more accurately year-over-year, increasing yields
Supported by a small team, Herbert Landau, now Trimble vice president of GNSS technology, launched the first iteration of Trimble RTX real-time services nearly two decades ago.
In its first 10 years, Trimble RTX technology has established itself as the technology behind:
- The largest high-performance GNSS correction network in the world
- 10 million miles driven on the road in GM Super Cruise models
- The first autonomous sprayer in the field with HORSCH
- The industry’s first self-driving steering control for soil compactors
- More accurate phone positioning on Android phones
“My team and I are focused on optimizing the accuracy and reliability of Trimble RTX real-time GNSS correction services and the user-friendliness of the technology to enable users to work quickly and accurately in any industry,” said Landau. “I know more autonomous opportunities will present in the months and years to come, and to be successful they will require a centimeter-level real-time accuracy position.”
Trimble is dedicated to working on the next generation of GNSS positioning services for those who work with it today, over the next 10 years and beyond. For more information, visit https://positioning.trimble.com/rtx10yr.