Geospatial Media and Communications unveils winners of Geospatial World Leadership Awards 2018
Hyderabad, India: Geospatial Media and Communications is glad to announce the winners of this year’s Geospatial World Leadership Awards. The ceremony took place on January 17th, at Geospatial World Forum 2018, in Hyderabad, India. Steve Berglund, CEO, Trimble, was felicitated with ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ for transforming Trimble from a GNSS, surveying hardware company, to a leading geospatial solutions, and expanding into new verticals, all the while keeping the bottom line profitable.
Howard Lance, CEO, Maxar Corporation, was awarded ‘Geospatial Business Leader of the Year Award’, for his business acumen, valuable direction to EOS industry, and visionary leadership in overall space industry, specifically towards converging and extending value chain of satellite manufacturing, operations, solutions and analytics under one integrated and synergetic umbrella.
Other winners include:
· Geospatial Ambassador of the Year- Dorine Burmanje, Chair of The Executive Board, Dutch Kadaster, The Netherlands
· Making A Difference- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
· Special Achievement- A S Kiran Kumar, Former Chairman, ISRO
· Geospatial Solutions Company of the Year- AECOM
· Geospatial Technology Company of the Year- HERE
· Enabling Public Policy & Infrastructure- Natural Resources Canada
· National Geospatial Agency of the Year- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
· Geospatial Hub Of The Year- Geovation, UK
· Geospatial Woman Champion of the Year- Anne Hale Miglarese, CEO, Radiant.Earth, USA
Geospatial Media and Communications established the Geospatial World Leadership Awards to recognize and acknowledge geospatial leaders who have gone an extra mile and paved the way for our industry to follow.
About Geospatial World Forum
Geospatial World Forum is known as the only conference covering the entire spectrum of geospatial technologies, workflows, policies and practices in one global platform. Founded in Hyderabad in 2007, the conference has travelled to Amsterdam, Geneva, Lisbon and Rotterdam.
About Geospatial Media and Communications
Geospatial Media & Communications is the world’s largest geospatial knowledge platform. It aims to facilitate collaboration, and demonstrates the value and benefits of geospatial technology for organizations, governments and citizens. The flagship products of Geospatial Media include GeospatialWorld.net, Geospatial World Forum, and Global Geospatial Outlook report.