Free U.S. Traffic Count Data for Use with Maptitude 2018 Mapping Software
NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) - Caliper is excited to announce the release of a free Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) map layer for Maptitude 2018 users. This latest version includes fields with total AADT traffic count, semi-trailer truck count, single-unit truck and bus count, number of through lanes, and road classification.
Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
· selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
· determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
· forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
· identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
· analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
· analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2018 map.
Caliper Corporation develops state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. With a focus on usability, Maptitude is designed to be a cost-effective, professional mapping software product. Maptitude enables organizations to leverage their location-based data to improve decision making and planning, while minimizing expenditure through competitively priced solutions.