2019 GeoData Summit, March 20-21, Alexandria, Virginia
Roosevelt Strategic Council and Defense Strategies Institute are pleased to announce the 2019 GeoData Summit, taking place on March 20-21, 2019. The 2019 GeoData Summit brings together members of the GIS community across Agriculture, Utilities, Transportation, Infrastructure, and Government for an open dialogue about how the current revolution in Geospatial technologies is transforming real-time decision-making through enhanced data collection.
This summit will address the current implementations of geospatial solutions that are unleashing the data’s full potential in order to drive productivity, value, and smarter decisions for organizations of all sizes in the private and public sectors.
This year’s confirmed speakers include:
• Kevin Hope, Deputy Director of Source, NGA
• Gary W. Blohm, SES, Director, Army Geospatial Center, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
• Ted Okada, SES, CTO, FEMA
• Pamela K. Isom, Deputy CIO, Chief Data Officer, U.S. Department of Energy
• Derald Dudley, Chair, Transportation Committee, Federal Geographic Data Committee
• David F. LaBranche, GIO, ODASD Infrastructure
• Harry Bader, Executive Director, U.S. Global Development Lab, USAID
• Steven Ward, Geospatial Head of R&D, Bayer (Formerly Monsanto)
• Dr. Stephen Lowe, Visiting Professor of Cyber Strategy, College of Information and Cyberspace, NDU
• Tiffany Gibby, Manager, GIS & Mapping, TVA
• Andy Dearing, CEO, Boundless Geo
The goal of this year’s summit is to support the development of geospatial information systems and emerging technology trends such as: spatiotemporal data generation, IoTs, geospatial sensor platforms, wireless networks, and computer capacity. This educational forum will provide the chance to further understand how the integration of advanced geodata technologies has profoundly altered the current data collection capabilities of individuals from all sectors for mission critical purposes, including disaster response, environmental monitoring, public safety, and Warfighter protection.
Seating is limited to allow for actionable discussion in a “Town Hall” format. Active military, government and state personnel attend free of charge. Those interested in participating in the 2019 GeoData summit may visit the website at rscouncil.org/geodata.
Anyone interested in learning more or sending questions, please contact Nicholas Liberato-Randall at email@example.com, 201-210-8804.