Free U.S. Traffic Count Data for Use with Maptitude 2019 Mapping Software
NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) - Caliper is excited to announce the release of free USA traffic count data for Maptitude 2019 users. This latest map layer includes fields with total Annual Average Daily Traffic (AADT), semi-trailer daily traffic, single-unit truck and bus daily traffic, number of through lanes, and road classification.
Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2019 map.
Caliper Corporation develops state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. With a focus on usability, Maptitude is designed to be a cost-effective, professional mapping software product. Maptitude enables organizations to leverage their location-based data to improve decision making and planning, while minimizing expenditure through competitively priced solutions.