GeoFutures Initiative to Release Its Strategic Roadmap to Strengthen St. Louis as the Global Center of Geospatial Excellence Over Next Decade
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis’ rapidly-growing geospatial sector will soon have a formal strategic roadmap to strengthen the region as the global center for geospatial excellence over the next 10 years.
The GeoFutures Initiative, which was launched in October 2019 to bolster the St. Louis region’s rapidly growing geospatial sector and develop a strategic plan for the future, will hold a webinar on June 23 to unveil the strategic roadmap and discuss its critical components, including:
- How St. Louis can strengthen its position as the global center of geospatial excellence over the next decade
- How St. Louis’ geospatial sector can continue its growth in the near-term
- How geospatial technology can address specific opportunities and gaps that need to be advanced with the broader St. Louis community
During the webinar, leaders of GeoFutures will also discuss how the Initiative has placed a priority on community and civic engagement and a commitment to racial equity as priorities that will define the success of the effort.
The GeoFutures report was researched and developed by TEConomy Partners, a global leader in research, analysis, and strategy for innovation-driven economic development. An advisory committee of nearly 30 diverse leaders from the region’s public, business, civic, and academic sectors helped guide the process. Two former directors of the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, Tish Long and Robert Cardillo, served as advisers to the GeoFutures Initiative as well.
Information for the GeoFutures Initiative Strategic Roadmap Launch Webinar
Official launch of the GeoFutures Strategic Roadmap for advancing the geospatial and location technology cluster in the St. Louis region
The GeoFutures Initiative
Live speakers will include GeoFutures Advisory Committee members:
- Andy Dearing, Project Lead, GeoFutures, and President, Spatial STL Advisors
- Dara Eskridge, Executive Director, InvestSTL
- Jason Hall, Co-Founder & CEO, Arch To Park
- Dr. Dwayne Smith, CEO, Housatonic College, and, most recently, Interim President of Harris Stowe State University
- Otis Williams, Executive Director, St. Louis Development Corporation
The webcast will also feature remarks on video from St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson and NGA Director VADM Robert Sharp as well as leaders from business and higher education.
Tuesday, June 23 – 11:00-11:45 a.m. (Central Time)
Via webinar – you can register in advance at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/webinar-geofutures-a-strategic-roadmap-to-transform-the-st-louis-region-registration-106131211310
About the GeoFutures Initiative
The GeoFutures Initiative was launched in October 2019 to bolster the St. Louis region’s rapidly growing geospatial sector and develop a strategic plan for the future. The effort was guided by an advisory committee that features a broad and diverse group of nearly thirty leaders from the region’s public, business, civic, and academic sectors.