Learn the basics of survey design, data collection, and simple mapping to support your classroom or club project. Even during a pandemic, students can safely collect and map data to help address a problem or project. Learn the tools and methods to collecting data when most (or all) of your students are learning from home.
This session will focus on ArcGIS Online and Survey123 in K-12 and informal education. All software and instructional resources used are offered at no-cost for youth instruction.
10 Links to get your started:
1. esri.com/schools = "Home" (pull down: "Schools Mapping Software Bundle")
2. esriurl.com/gettingstartedforeducators = ramped + scaffolded entryway
3. esriurl.com/gisclubkit = request temporary or small club logins
4. esriurl.com/mappinghour = Mapping Hour video collection (start to projects)
5. esriurl.com/geoprojects = Hub site with project examples
6. esriurl.com/appsinschools = Storymap: "ArcGIS Field Apps in Schools"
7. esriurl.com/agoschoolcomp = ArcGIS Online Competition for US HS+MS Students
8. esri.com/arcgis-blog/arcgis-online/ = ArcGIS Online Blog
9. teachwithgis.com = Learn ArcGIS collection of resources
10. esri.com/training/catalog = "Esri Academy" = Training website
GIS in K-12 Webinars at DirectionsMag